With the NFL playoffs starting today (go Pats!), there is no better time to try out a new healthy appetizer! This spinach artichoke dip is low in calories and fat, but high in protein, calcium, vitamin A and C. Serve with whole wheat crackers, pita bread, or carrots for a delicious and nutritious snack that’s sure to be a crowd-pleaser.
Spinach Artichoke Dip
- 14 oz. can artichoke hearts packed in water, drained and chopped
- 12 oz. spinach, roughly chopped
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup 2% Greek yogurt
- ¾ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- ¾ cup reduced fat shredded mozzarella
- ½ tsp. pepper
- ½ tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray an 8×8 baking dish with cooking spray
- Spray a sauté pan with cooking spray and add onion. Cook until soft, about 2-3 minutes. Add garlic and sauté for an additional 1 minute.
- Add chopped spinach to the sauté pan and cook until wilted.
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl. Stir to combine. Transfer to baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes and serve immediately.
For 1/16 of dip: 53 calories, 2g fat, 1.5g saturated fat, 1g fiber, 5.5g proetin, 43% DV vitamin A, 13% DV vitamin C, 14% DV calcium, 4,5% DV iron