This baked oatmeal is so good it could pass as apple crisp (hence the name). I had some leftover apple juice in the fridge, so instead of sweetening this oatmeal with honey or sugar I used the apple juice. This recipe is perfect to make ahead of time and eat throughout the week.
- 3 apples
- 4 tsp. cinnamon (divided)
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup walnuts
- ½ cup raisins
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 ½ cup milk (I used 1%)
- 1 ½ cup apple juice
- 3 eggs, whisked in small bowl
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray a 9×11 baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Core and chop the apples into bite sized pieces and place into a large bowl. Toss with 1 tsp. of cinnamon. Pour apples into the baking dish and bake for 15 minutes until apples are soft.
- While apples are cooking, combine oats, walnuts, raisins, and baking powder in the bowl. Stir to combine. Add in milk, apple juice, eggs, and vanilla extract and stir to combine.
- Pour oat mixture over apples and spread evenly. Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes until oatmeal has set.