I am certainly not the first person to post an overnight oats recipe on the internet, but there are so many variations on this quick and easy breakfast recipe that it can’t hurt to throw my two cents in. Oatmeal is my absolute favorite breakfast, but as the weather is warming up I’ve been trading my piping hot bowl of oats for nice and cool overnight oats. Overnight oats are great because you can put them together the night before and have breakfast ready for you in the morning, or even as a meal to take on the go. They are loaded with protein from the Greek yogurt and fiber from the oats and chia seeds. Although I opted for a tropical variety, overnight oats are easily customizable. To make the base, combine equal parts rolled oats, plain Greek yogurt, and milk (I usually aim for 1/3 to ½ cup each) with ½-1 Tbls. chia seeds. Some of my other favorite combos include peanut butter and coco powder, strawberries and almonds, and banana and walnuts.
Tropical Overnight Oats
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup milk (I used almond milk)
- ½ Tbls. chia seeds
- ½ banana, sliced
- ½ cup pineapple, diced into small pieces
- 1 Tbls. unsweetened shredded coconut
- Mix all ingredients, except coconut, into a medium sized bowl or mason jar. Stir to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Add in coconut when ready to eat and enjoy!